Any minor between 14 and 17 years of age who would like to apply for the working papers must download and print the application and follow the instructions provided below.
Step 1: Checklist
- Complete Part I of the APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT CERTIFICATE (remember to have a parent or guardian sign it!)
- Provide a copy of proof of your age. Examples include a birth certificate, passport etc.
- Obtain a note from your doctor stating that you have been examined within the last 12 months and are physically fit for employment
Step 2: Bring all materials to school
- During the regular school year, bring all the documents to Ms. Liz in the library.
- During the summer, bring all documents to Ms. Eisenstadt in room 108.
Please note, if you are a non-Madison student applying for working papers, you must also provide a letter from your current school or a recent report card as documentation.