Student Life » Working Papers

Working Papers

Any minor between 14 and 17 years of age who would like to apply for the working papers must download and print the application and follow the instructions provided below. 

Step 1: Checklist

  • Complete Part I of the APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT CERTIFICATE (remember to have a parent or guardian sign it!)
  • Provide a copy of proof of your age. Examples include a birth certificate, passport etc.
  • Obtain a note from your doctor stating that you have been examined within the last 12 months and are physically fit for employment

Step 2: Bring all materials to school

  • During the regular school year, bring all the documents to Ms. Carlson in room 132 during your lunch period.
  • During the summer, bring all documents to Ms. Eisenstadt in room 108.
Please note, if you are a non-Madison student applying for working papers, you must also provide a letter from your current school stating you are on register or a current report card as documentation.